HSRP or hot standby routing protocol provides network redundancy solutions to routers.By configuring HSRP in a number of routers in a network you can offer your customers the opportunity to enjoy seamless network or Internet access opportunity. HSRP is mainly used in the perimeter network or in a network where high-available is a must or has zero tolerance to network downtime.
The foundation of safer browsing experience depends on how much secure your web browser is. When you install any web browser such as Internet Explorer, you get a default security setting, which may not be suitable for your web privacy and data integrity.This article aims to help you to learn a few useful security tips of Microsoft IE 9. With the new Internet explorer version 9 you can enjoy safe browsing experience with faster surfing speed. If you want to enable these security features on your Internet explorer you have to learn how to change a couple of security setting s on your browser. In case you do not have downloaded IE 9 then you can do so by going at Microsoft’s official site for Internet Explorer download.
Now let’s see how you can change the security setting of your Internet browser and what the benefits of it are. The following are the security benefits:
- Active X control
- Smart screen filtering
- In private browsing
- Tracking protection
- Privacy Settings [Read more…]
Ever since Facebook has become an inevitable part of many of the Internet users, though not all, the cyber criminals are taking the advantage of Facebook users who does pay very little attention about the security of this giant social networking site. One of the most interesting thing is that many of the Face book users even has no knowledge about how much treats or what kind of attacks may occur in a Facebook profile and who is benefited and who is losing something very special due to unsecured setting s of a Facebook profile.Fortunately, only with little knowledge or even by following a few basic steps you can make your Facebook presence as protected and secure as any other conscientious Internet users.
Whether you are new Gmail User or not, one thing is true that you don’t like to lose your privacy or don’t want to your email security be compromised by any third party or by your business competitors. For making sure that your Gmail account is fully secure and no one is snooping your private emails, you need to follow several steps which are also recommended by Gmail Security team.
- Make sure your computer has anti-virus or Internet security software installed and updated including the virus databases, spam protection tools etc.
- Check if your operating system has been updated with the latest release of the software provider. If you are a Windows user, then click on “My Computer”, then right click on it and select the “properties” and then click on “Windows Update”.
- You might be using Adobe, Windows Office, and Java. Make sure all these softwares are updated online on regular basis.
- Regularly update your browser. Check for updates at least once in a month. For example if you are a Firefox user, then click on the help menu on your browser and then click on “check for updates…)
- Avoid downloading Browser extensions and plugins. These extension softwares are basically third party software which give some extra functionality to your browser. For instance, many use email alert extension in browser. There is no guarantee that these extension codes do not have any hidden code that might compromise your browser security. [Read more…]
The major threats a computer user may expect are – the damage of his stored data or software and stealing of confidential information. A computer can get infected with malicious programs like virus, Trojan, crimeware, spyware, malware or anything else, but the main challenge in front of you is to keep your all the data safe and also to keep your confidential information private while you are online. Before you going online, have you ever thought that your every keystrokes is being tracked by a small code hidden in your laptop or your every online transaction with credit card are being screen shots by a spy software and sending all those confidential data to a cyber criminal sitting back miles away from your town. A malicious code even open a secret door (backdoor) to a rouge person to enter your computer when you go online. As you know that, every disease has its treatment, the same way every malicious code can be identified and tracked before it because any damage to your computer and it can only be done once you have Internet security or at least an updated antivirus solution.
Therefore, a computer user need to be concerned with safety and privacy of all his logical assents-software, database, emails, operations system. In addition, the good news is an average user can be quite efficient in keeping his computing environment safe and sound, if he follow a few guidelines and maintains a few instructions on regular basis. The following are very important steps that you may follow on regular basis and can ensure a great level of computer safety.
- Use Internet security solutions or at least keep good antivirus software
- Always keep updated your antivirus and Internet security software. Though this sounds like a very ordinary task, yet it is one of the most important tasks that many forget to do regularly. It is advisable to keep your antivirus software in auto-update mode.
- Keep your operating system updated. For example if you are Windows user then , right click on “My Computer”, select “properties” and then select “Automatic Updates” tab, click on “Automatic and then click on the “apply button” [Read more…]