There can be various reasons why hackers want to gain access to your account. Once they gain access to your Gmail account, hackers can use it for various purpose and they post aims to help you secure Gmail account so that you can regain access to your Gmail even if your account password get compromised. [Read more…]
Whether you are new Gmail User or not, one thing is true that you don’t like to lose your privacy or don’t want to your email security be compromised by any third party or by your business competitors. For making sure that your Gmail account is fully secure and no one is snooping your private emails, you need to follow several steps which are also recommended by Gmail Security team.
- Make sure your computer has anti-virus or Internet security software installed and updated including the virus databases, spam protection tools etc.
- Check if your operating system has been updated with the latest release of the software provider. If you are a Windows user, then click on “My Computer”, then right click on it and select the “properties” and then click on “Windows Update”.
- You might be using Adobe, Windows Office, and Java. Make sure all these softwares are updated online on regular basis.
- Regularly update your browser. Check for updates at least once in a month. For example if you are a Firefox user, then click on the help menu on your browser and then click on “check for updates…)
- Avoid downloading Browser extensions and plugins. These extension softwares are basically third party software which give some extra functionality to your browser. For instance, many use email alert extension in browser. There is no guarantee that these extension codes do not have any hidden code that might compromise your browser security. [Read more…]