Acunetix web vulnerability scanner help to find vulnerability in a website so as you can make your site or blog as secure as possible. Acunetix has a free version that you can use to find some of the common vulnerabilities of a website.In this article I will show you how you can use the free version of acunetix to figure out how much secure you blog is.Although Acunetix has a robust web vulnerability scanner that is capable of give you a detail report of your website’s security loopholes, you can use their free version to learn about this software if you are a new to the blogging world. [Read more…]
Literally you can buy any domain name that is available for registration. But that does not mean that you can legally have that domain because if there is any trademark registered for that domain name then you have to give it to that company’s owner when they claim for that domain name. Though most of the new companies try to buy a domain name first before choosing their company name so as they can keep the exact match of their brand name in their web domain. [Read more…]
What is Google Analytics? In short Google analytics is a website statistics tracking tool that you can use to track how your users are interacting with your WebPages such as which pages are being visited the most and where the visitors came from or what keywords he used to find your pages.
Who should use Google Analytics? IT professionals( both in operation and security) involved in managing websites for business purposes can be hugely benefited using analytic type of tools for analysis and monitoring how outside world is interacting with their sites or blogs. Since Google analytics is a free service offered by Google, anyone with a website can use it to track his web visitors’ behavior. If you want to implement analytics in your website you can find useful information at: analytics.google.com [Read more…]
What are cookies
Cookies are a small piece of software or codes that is used by websites to track its users. When you go to a website for the first time then it send a small file to its user’s computer, which tracks the user’s behavior while they visit a website.
With every update, WordPress improves its security capabilities and fix the vulnerabilities. As you know that the default configuration is always risky. To secure a site you always need to customize your security settings, which means apply the best security practices for your blogging platform. If you are a new WordPress user, you might go through a steep learning curve before you become concern about security. We humans do not try to learn things unless you need it or love it -everybody thinks about user experience. However, nobody trusts a site that get hacked frequently. This post you will illustrate you how to apply the WordPress security settings and practices to make your site secured. You can easily implement the following instructions from your cPanel, Plesk or any other control panels.
- Always create an administrative account for blog management, and another editing account (with posting privilege only) to add post in your blog
- By default WordPress use the path www.yourwebiste.com/wp-admin.php to login to your blog. Since the attackers are aware of this you can rename this path by using a plug-in called stealth login. This is an excellent way to prevent automated attack against your blog. Though there are plugins in place to modify the login page, but it is better and more effective if you can change your login page with htaccess. Remember that Modification of htaccess file is not advisable for the beginners. [Read more…]
What is Identity Theft?
You must have heard about ‘impersonation’ or identity fraud-the way one Internet user take on another user’s identity and gain illegal access of another user’s emails or data files. Annually almost 750,000 people are being affected by impersonation-the number one consumer complaint filed with FTC(Federal Trade Commission).
The technical name of identity theft is session hijacking. In fact, over the Internet taking on someone else’s identity is very easy than doing the same on physical world. When you start communicating with another person or visit any website, even when you just send email, each time you need to establish a TCP session connection with your destination computer, where the website resides or emails are stored. Each TCP connection start a TCP session in order to facilitate data transfer ( to learn about TCP read TCP/IP protocol suite or OSI layers) between computers. Session hijacking means taking over such type of TCP session by another person, using your session data. [Read more…]
The version of IIS is all about its modules and functions. If you are just learning IIS then before reading this article, it is better to take a closer look at the IIS manger on your server and then go through the following instructions. To secure your IIS server you need to put some extra care to the following settings of IIS server
- IIS authentication
- IPv4 and domain rules
- ISAPI and CGI
- Filtering request
- Configuration to shared hosting sites
- Authorize the URLs in your server [Read more…]
Securing MySQL requires not only hardening the security configuration of your database itself but also the web server along with the operating system. As you know that most of the web hosting provider love Linux and Apache as part of their web-hosting solution, you need to make sure that your host is taking proper security measures to ensure tighter control of Apache and OS. Your main task will be to perform a few simple tasks or test on your MySQL to remove all the known and easy-to-solve security vulnerabilities of your database. And the good news is that if you are new website owner and reluctant to learn some basic SQL tricks to, then also you can fix the basic security settings of your database from PhPMySQLadmin interface of your Cpanel.
Unless you are hosting your website on your own server in your own premise, you should let the task of Apache and OS security setting to your hosting provider. Now, checkout the following steps required for MySQL security: [Read more…]
1. Function of the site: your site may be user used either for content or for selling products or both. You have to list what are the functions of your site.
2. Features: Make a list of what are the features you want to add in your site. For instance, you may want to have a block on the right-hand sidebar for your social media and category of your articles. Putting a slideshow in the front-page is becoming a popular trend to webmasters. As your blog grows, you many think of monetizing on it. If that is the case then decide where you want to show your ads-on the top side or right side. Some even love to put their ads inside articles wrap around the texts. [Read more…]
There are thousands of wordpress experts who will suggest the beginners to take regular backup of their websites. If you are just learning how to make wordpress blog, then you may not pay attention to the importance of taking backup and restoration. Think about this you have a blog of 50 articles and getting 1000 organic traffic and one day morning when you logon to your website, you find that for some reason you cannot log on or your site has been hacked. In the following few paragraphs I will show you how you can take a full backup for your site and restore it at your will whenever you need it.
Why wordpress backup? – There are a number of reasons why your wordpress blog codes can get corrupted. The reasons are as follows:
1. due to accidental deletion of codes or a portion of codes
2. WordPress may dis-funciton due to installation of new plug-in that you never tested with your blog
3. Updating to a new version of wordpress might cause problems.
4. your hosting providers’ server got crashed, though it is one of the least probable and it might never happen if your host has redundant servers, but you never know what lies ahead
5 your site might get hacked and the level of damage might be beyond repair.
HSRP or hot standby routing protocol provides network redundancy solutions to routers.By configuring HSRP in a number of routers in a network you can offer your customers the opportunity to enjoy seamless network or Internet access opportunity. HSRP is mainly used in the perimeter network or in a network where high-available is a must or has zero tolerance to network downtime.